All shipments are weighed in the logistics locations of Express One. If a difference is found with the declared weight, the control weight is considered correct. Shipments are charged at the higher value between the actual or volumetric weight. The volumetric weight is calculated by the following formula:
Volumetric weight (kg) = Height (cm) x Length (cm) x Width (cm) / 6000.
It is rounded up to a whole kilogram.
Fuel surcharge is charged for both domestic and international shipments as a percentage of the shipment price. The fuel surcharge is updated at the beginning of each month based on the published average retail price of diesel fuel on the last day of the previous month. Source: Fuelo
"Fuel " surcharge for JUNE 2023 - 11,50 %
Calculation of Fuel surcharge based on the fuel price per litre in BGN:
Prices are in BGN incl. VAT.
|Fuel price from BGN||Fuel price to BGN|| % Fuel surcharge|
|Above 4,99 ||+ 1% per each 0,10 BGN. /increasing.|
Prohibited items and substances
- Narcotic, intoxicating, psychotropic, highly active and poisonous substances;
- Weapons, explosives, incendiary or other dangerous substances or objects;
- Indecent or contrary to moral norms objects;
- Articles and substances which, by their nature or packaging, pose a danger to the life or health of Express One employees or others, or may contaminate or damage other items and postal equipment;
- Religious materials of sects and organizations banned or not registered in the country;
- Movable cultural monuments for which no permit or certificate has been issued;
- Excise goods without excise duty (cigarettes, alcohol, etc.) for all international shipments; The ban does not apply to domestic shipments if the content is provided with a Bulgarian excise label.
- Perishable goods and materials, food and foodstuffs, medical or biological research and samples, medicines and medicinal supplements;
- Gas and liquid pressure vessels and aerosols, including empty ones;
- Deep frozen substances;
- Dangerous goods (ADR), acetone, dry ice, perfumes;
- Other substances or articles specified in international agreements, as well as articles, the import or distribution of which is prohibited in the country of destination.
- Coins, banknotes, banknotes, travel checks, items of value to the sender, platinum, gold, silver, worked or unworked precious stones and other valuables shall not be placed in postal items, with the exception of items of declared value.
The sender is obliged to provide complete and accurate addressing, including providing a postal code at the place of delivery and a telephone number for contact with the recipient, which support timely and trouble-free delivery. Shipments with incomplete or inaccurate addresses, as well as those without a telephone number to contact the recipient might be serviced with an increase in the expected delivery time.
It is obligatory to provide a telephone number for contact with the recipient in the country of delivery, as well as a telephone number for contact with the sender-payer of the shipment, in case the latter is a person (legal or natural) without a contract with Express One. The absence of any of the listed contact numbers is a reason for Express One to refuse to accept an international courier shipment.
For non-document international shipments delivered to non-EU countries, an agreement with Express One on the content is required in connection with possible additional requirements and restrictions in advance. Contact us for an inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org